Séisme de 2001 au Pérou

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Pérou
Le séisme de 2001 au Pérou fut un séisme de magnitude 8.4 sur l’échelle de Richter, qui est survenu le 23 juin 2001 à 15:33:14, heure locale (soit 20:33:14 UTC). Il a frappé les régions d’Arequipa, de Moquegua et de Tacna. C’est le séisme le plus dévastateur au Pérou depuis celui de 1970.
Le séisme est survenu en limite de la plaque sud-américaine et de celle de Nazca. Les deux convergent à un rythme de 78 mm par an. Le sud péruvien possède une histoire riche en séisme. L’épicentre était situé juste au sud-est de celui de 1996, cette même partie des plaques avait subi une autre secousse de magnitude 9 en 1868.
Au total on a dénombré 75 personnes tuées dont 26 par le tsunami associé maillots de football 2016, 2 687 blessées vestes outlet, 17 510 maisons détruites et 35 549 endommagées bogner ski. On a recensé également 64 personnes disparues.
De nombreux monuments d’Arequipa furent touchés, comme la cathédrale Notre-Dame dont une tour s’est effondrée. Elle fut restaurée en 2002.
Le séisme fut ressenti également au nord du Chili, dans la région d’Arica, ainsi qu’en Bolivie. Le tsunami a atteint une hauteur maximale de 7 mètres par endroit chaussures timberland, en s’enfonçant parfois d’un kilomètre à l’intérieur des terres.

C14 Timberwolf

The C14 Timberwolf MRSWS (Medium Range Sniper Weapon System) is a bolt-action sniper rifle built by the Canadian arms company PGW Defence Technologies Inc. In 2005 they won the contract to supply the Canadian Forces Land Command with the C14 Timberwolf MRSWS for $4.5 million.
The military version of the rifle, which is being used to replace the C3A1 sniper rifle, started as a civilian precision sport rifle. The military rifle however has several modifications to make it better suited for military use and many accessories are available.
The official military designation for the rifle is C14 Timberwolf Medium Range Sniper Weapon System (MRSWS).

The Timberwolf rifle was originally developed as a civilian long range hunting and sport shooting rifle for super magnum cartridges by the Canadian company Prairie Gun Works, now PGW Defence Technologies Inc. The civilian Timberwolf rifle is offered in several chamberings, up to the .408 Cheyenne Tactical cartridge and the .416 PGW cartridge, a wildcat cartridge based on the .408 Cheyenne Tactical. These rifle cartridges are dimensionally larger and are more powerful when compared to the jordans shoes.338 Lapua Magnum cartridge used in the C14 Timberwolf used by the Canadian military.
During the 1990s the Canadian Armed Forces formulated a requirement for a sniper rifle that could fulfill an anti-personnel role up to 1,200 m (1,312 yd). This long-range anti-personnel rifle would replace the aging C3A1 bolt-action rifle which fired the smaller 7.62×51mm NATO cartridge which had been in service since 1970.
In 2001 during trials for new sniper rifles at CFB Gagetown, the C14 Timberwolf MRSWS was picked to become the new designated anti-personnel sniper rifle for the Canadian Forces. The C14 Timberwolf MRSWS went into production for the Canadian Forces Land Command in 2005.
Since the introduction of the C14 Timberwolf MRSWS, the C3A1 rifle has been slowly removed from active service. The C14 Timberwolf MRSWS is now the main sniper rifle in the Canadian Armed Forces arsenal. It is highly rated by snipers, who like the rifle itself as well as the additional effective range and penetration the .338 Lapua Magnum offers over the C3A1’s 7 Bogner Outlet bijn.62×51mm NATO cartridge.
The C14 Timberwolf’s accuracy potential is stated by its manufacturer as sub 0.75 MOA with proper ammunition. The Canadian Forces accuracy standard was evaluated by hit probability with a requirement of hitting a chest sized target at 1,200 m (1,312 yd) 90% of the time. PGW Defence Technologies Inc. averaged over 95% on this standard and every weapon delivered under the Canadian Armed Forces contract was evaluated for accuracy and witnessed by DND officials.
The C14 Timberwolf MRSWS rifle is chambered for the .338 Lapua Magnum rifle cartridge. The rifle achieves a maximum muzzle velocity of 838 m/s (2750 ft/s) with 19.44 g (300 gr) Sierra Matchking very-low-drag bullet loads. Such loads are much more powerful compared to the 7.62×51mm NATO cartridge used in the C3A1 rifle which typically fires 11.3 gram (175 gr) bullets at 790 m/s (2580 ft/s).
The Timberwolf action is a manually operated stainless steel bolt action with a right-hand side bolt and ejection port. The bolt is a rotary bolt with dual front locking lugs plus one locking lug at the rear. It requires a 90-degree bolt rotation. the bolt is partly helically fluted which reduces weight whilst maintaining strength. A double plunger ejector and hook type extractor are used to remove fired cartridge cases. This helps create a very smooth action which is very reliable. The extra locking lug at the rear assists in preventing the bolt from becoming jammed when chambering another round. Though not used by the Canadian military, the manufacturer offers a titanium receiver as an alternative for the stainless steel used in the C14 receiver. The use of titanium reduces the weight of the Timberwolf bolt-action.
The single stage trigger is adjustable for weight, creep, and over-travel.
The barrel for the MRSWS is a modified, heavy free floating Kreiger made barrel. It comes in 660 mm (26 in) standard but a 737 mm (29 in) custom barrel is fitted to the civilian precision hunting rifle variant, however this can be used on the military version as well. The 338 Lapua Magnum barrels are supplied with a 254 mm (1 in 10 inch) twist rate optimized to stabilize long, heavy very-low-drag bullets like the Sierra HPBT MatchKing and Lapua Scenar .338-calibre 19

Maje Relation With Round Neck Jacquard Keep Warm Antibacterial Downproof Anti-wrinkle Velvet Flared Puffball Mid-thigh Length Black Dark Red Dress

Maje Relation With Round Neck Jacquard Keep Warm Antibacterial Downproof Anti-wrinkle Velvet Flared Puffball Mid-thigh Length Black Dark Red Dress

BUY NOW

$292.41
$204.00

.44 gram (300 grain) bullets. The barrels are cryogenic stress relieved and partly helically fluted which reduces weight whilst maintaining most of the structural strength and contains a detachable proprietary stainless steel muzzle brake which reduces the recoil.
The safety is a three-position type safety featuring a middle “field strip” position.
It has a five-round detachable box magazine which is positioned just ahead of the trigger guard.
The rifle has no default iron sights but it is instead fitted with a length of integral picatinny rail with a 25 MOA forward slope on which an optical sight can be mounted. It also contains two small lengths of MIL-STD-1913 or Picatinny rail at the forefront of the stock. The Canadian Forces use a Leupold Mark 4 16x40mm LR/T M1 Riflescope as standard, but other day telescopic sights and night sights can be fitted. Simrad night sights are mounted by custom scope ring sets and UNS or MUNS night sights are mounted via a PGWDTI proprietary mount. Tactical lights and lasers can be fitted to the two front lengths of MIL-STD-1913 rail.
The stock is a McMillan A5 polymer stock which has an adjustable saddle cheekpiece and spacer plates to regulate the length of pull to tailor the stock for the individual shooter. It is an upgraded version from the M40A3 McMillan A3 type stock. The stock is made from high strength fibre glass with a PGWDTI-Titanium Cantilever Monoblock beddingblock which provides both added comfort and strength bogner ski jackets.
The C14 rifle can accept the customary accessories for sniper weapons systems like; telescopic sights and other optical sights, MIL-STD-1913 rails (Picatinny rails) to mount optical sights and other accessories, bipods, muzzle brakes/flash-hiders and silencers (sound suppressors) and (carrying) slings. Further it can be delivered with cleaning kits and soft and heavy-duty transit cases and various maintenance tools.

Brisbane State High School

Brisbane State High School (BSHS or often commonly State High) is a partially selective, co-educational, state secondary school, located in South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. It is a member of the Great Public Schools’ Association of Queensland, and the Queensland Girls’ Secondary Schools Sports Association. With an average year level cohort of above or around 500 students, it was the first state secondary school established in Brisbane, as well as the first academic state high school to be founded in Queensland. The school employs a variety of selection criteria for prospective students, maintaining a quota for local area enrolments 2016 Adidas fotball utstyr online, however also using academic, sporting, cultural and artistic talents as means of determining the annual intake.

T. Max Hawkins, historian and author of “The Queensland Great Public Schools – A History”, wrote of the origins of Brisbane State High School, that:
“The school developed from the School of Arts in Ann Street, and later from the old Normal School which was built by convict labour on the site where the State Government Insurance building now stands…The year 1913 is generally taken as the start of the Brisbane State High School, a co-educational school which, by 1964, had expanded to accommodate 1310 students, 891 of them boys.”
Further light on the origins of the schools is shed in Philip Walker Davidson’s work, “Great Public Schools : an investigation into G.P.S. secondary schooling in Queensland fotball klær, its relationship with and the problem it poses architecture, and an appraisal of the factors governing the future establishment of such a school”, where he wrote:
“Headmasters of various metropolitan state schools were asked to nominate 76 boys and girls for admission to the new school, and a further 70 paying students made up the first year’s enrolment. Classrooms were provided in the Technical College buildings, Ann Street, until 1914 when the school moved to lower George Street.
…in 1921 the school was to occupy the well known Normal School buildings on the corner of Adelaide and Edward Streets…At about this stage it was separated from the control of the Central Technical College and combined with the Junior High School which had been operating as a secondary department at the Normal School. The name Brisbane State High School was then first applied.”
Although the school’s beginning is taken as having been 1913, it was relocated to its current campus next to Musgrave Park at South Brisbane in 1925. The laying of the foundation stone of the “Red Brick Building”, later designated A Block, took place in 1923 in the attendance of Queensland Education Minister John Huxham, and William Forgan Smith, then Queensland Minister for Public Works and later Premier.
Mr Isaac Waddle, the Brisbane State High School’s first Principal, served for 24 years and devised the school’s motto “Scientia est Potestas” (Knowledge is Power) whilst overseeing the establishment of the house system in the patriotic days of the Second World War. Waddle’s successor, Mr Barnes, served for scarcely a year before dying in office, and between 1947 and 1960 the post was held by a further three relatively short term Principals: Dr Watkin; Mr Copeman and Mr Cafferky. During the ensuing “Lockie Years” the school underwent massive expansions, growing from 1091 students in 1961 to 2183 in 1967, as well as consolidating its reputation as being highly competitive amongst the private school institutions of South-East Queensland. The headmastership of David Sutton (1998–2008) witnessed a revival in ceremony and tradition coupled with continual academic improvement. For the 6 years from 2003–2008, then to 2012, the OP[clarification needed] results consistently climbed, with 86% of students receiving an OP of 1-15 in 2008, and nearly 95% of students in 2012 received an OP of 1-15. Sutton’s successor, Richard Morrison, reformed the selection process for academic-merit entrants, introduced the ‘Aspire’ program and led the re-branding of the school. Mr Wade Haynes, a former Acting Principal of the school, was his successor.
BSHS has been a member of the Great Public Schools Association of Queensland Inc (GPS) since 1930, and of the Queensland Girls’ Secondary Schools Sports Association (QGSSSA) since 1921.
The following principals have led the school since it was opened:
In the 2009 National Assessments Program in Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN), Brisbane State High School outperformed seven of the other eight member schools of the Great Public Schools Association of Queensland Inc., and eight of the other nine schools in the QGSSSA. The rankings of the nation’s top schools compiled by The Australian in May 2010 saw Brisbane State High as the only Queensland state school placed in the top 100. The school consistently performs best for year 12 results out of all the state schools in the Brisbane metropolitan area, and with 41% of students receiving an OP of 1-5 in 2012, the school has cemented its strong reputation. 94.8% of students were within the 1-15 OP bands in 2012. In 2013, the school further excelled, with a record number of 41 OP1. However, due to bonus rank scored from particular studies and subjects, there were 85 students attaining an equivalent position of OP1 in 2013.
Brisbane State High School joined the Great Public Schools’ Association of Queensland in 1930, and consequently the school is able to enter competitions against other GPS schools in South East Queensland. Due to its coeducational system, it is the only GPS school in which it is possible for females to compete.[citation needed]
Students participate in the B1, B2, A and Symphony Orchestras and Chamber Strings, as well as the Wind Ensemble, Wind Band, Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Percussion Ensembles 1 and 2, Stage Band, Big Band and other chamber groups. The Symphonic Band, Symphony Orchestra and Big Band also attend annual band camps with various workshops, sectionals and rehearsals. The Junior and Senior Dance Troupes are also offered. Regular school musicals and drama nights provide the opportunity for drama students to showcase their talents. The school consistently performs exceedingly well in these fields, with the Symphony Orchestra coming first in Australia in Fanfare 2005 held in Melbourne, and first in Queensland in 2007.[citation needed] In 2010, this particular ensemble was awarded a platinum award for the fifth year in a row at Musicfest. In 2012, the Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Meg Robson, and the Symphonic Band, conducted by Brad Ruben, were two out of five state finalists in the statewide Fanfare competition. The Symphonic Band then went out to win the state title.
A wide range of sporting and other similar activities are offered in the Great Public Schools and Queensland Girls’ Secondary Schools’ Sports Association competitions, including Australian Rules Football, athletics, badminton, basketball, chess fotballklær på nett, cricket, cross country, debating, rowing, rugby union, soccer, swimming, tennis, volleyball, rhythmic gymnastics, field hockey, netball, softball, touch football, waterpolo, triathlon and fencing rabatt Puma fotballsko cleats utløp 2016.
The school is very competitive with the private members of the GPS. Its Open teams have won premierships in both GPS and QGSSSA events.
the Queensland Olympic Committee certifying 28 Olympians from Brisbane State High, receiving 20 medals including 4 gold and 4 silver since 1956.
In 2009, the BSHS first XV rugby union team went undefeated in the season. The team broke the GPS record when the school beat Brisbane Grammar School 103-0. The match was soon abandoned when the referee called the game off with 7 minutes permitted to play. This First XV has been regarded by many as the best GPS rugby team in Australia from this decade. 2 other players are representing the Australian A School boys team. This equaled the feats of the class of 2007, when two players represented the Australian schoolboys Rugby Union team while two others represented Australia A. Another two boys represented the Australian schoolboys rugby league team.
As of 2008 Brisbane State High School has the second most Australian Schoolboy Rugby caps in Queensland at 47.[citation needed]
In 2009, the boys basketball open team became back to back champions at the Boys State Championships held at the end of the year. This cemented Brisbane State High School’s reputation as the premier boys basketball school in Queensland. This was the 5th time they had won the tournament.[citation needed]
Two main campuses possessing a variety of architectural styles dominate the school’s layout. The Upper Campus is the site of the school’s original building and central administrative block constructed in 1920s brick architecture. The upper quadrangle extends out from this building with the library and the two storey computer block forming frontal wings. In addition, the Upper Campus houses the mathematics rooms, the science laboratories, the manual arts complex, sports facility, tennis courts and oval. An overpass walkway connects the Upper and Lower Campuses. H Block in the Lower Campus was constructed in 1864 as part of the South Brisbane Primary School and is a heritage-listed school building. J Block is predominantly used by the humanities department and the languages department, and M Block serves as a secondary administrative block, whilst the neighbouring K Block (demolished October 2009) was home to the performing arts. The space upon which it once stood is in the process of being converted into a formal entrance and car park. In 2008/09, massive redevelopment projects totaling $20.5 million saw the performing arts block moved to a new and larger facility at the other end of the Lower Campus.
Brisbane State High maintains additional sporting facilities, with theirs located at Carina, about 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) from the Brisbane CBD. 5 playing fields as well as change rooms and a canteen comprise the campus. Cricket, Rugby and soccer are large users of the facilities, with games taking place on weekends and on various afternoons.
The school maintains rowing sheds on the West End Reach of the Brisbane River, within close proximity of the rowing sheds of other GPS and BSRA (Brisbane SchoolGirls Rowing Association) member schools. Rowing boats, dingies and other necessary equipment are stored at the sheds and it is on that and other reaches of the river that training for the annual Head of the River rowing competition takes place.
Rather than being named after past students, the Houses are named in honour of army generals from the First World War.
Brisbane State High School has a School Council by reason of its being an Independent Public School, a class of school existing in Queensland. The Council monitors the school’s progress in the implementation of its policies and assists the Principal in setting the school’s strategic direction. Its members include representatives of the teaching staff, students, and the parents of students.
The Brisbane State High School Past Students’ Association was formed in 1921, originally in two discrete entities as the Old Boys’ and Old Girls’ Associations. It now operates as an amalgamated body. The association’s newsletter, “Amicus”, is mailed four times annually to all members. Contributions to projects geared towards promoting the tradition and spirit of the school are some of its primary functions. The current Patron of the Association is the school’s eleventh Principal, Mr Wade Haynes.
Founded in 1996 as a gift from that year’s departing seniors, the museum contains documents, photographs and other memorabilia charting the school from its inception to its recent past. School badges and blazers from the 1920s and 1930s as well as originals of every school magazine are housed in the museum.

Paspalum dilatatum

Pasto miel, grama de agua (Paspalum dilatatum), es una especie botánica de gramínea tropical a subtropical, perenne de la familia de las Poaceae.

Es endémica de Argentina, Bolivia 2016 chanel online, Brasil, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay.
Tiene un inflorescencia con varias espigas tipo racimos conteniendo múltiples espiguillas diminutas, cada una de 2,8-3,5 mm de largo.
Es una herbácea perenne de raíz profunda, de hacer fuertes matas, de 6-17 dm de altura. Se halla en zonas húmedas gucci outlet, y más especialmente en los subtrópicos chanel online, con lluvias superiores a 900 mm/año. Tolera anegamiento y sequía

Bogner hombre Dalila-D chaqueta de esquí 3123 azul multicolor

Bogner hombre Dalila-D chaqueta de esquí 3123 azul multicolor

BUY NOW

€1,435.00
€429.00

. Apetecible y nutritiva, pero de mediana productividad, salvo muy abonado. Se recupera bien después de una sequía o de pastoreo, pero no cortar por debajo de los 5-8 cm. Apreciada por su vigor, persistencia y capacidad de resistir la presión del pastoreo.
Paspalum dilatatum fue descrita por Jean Louis Marie Poiret y publicado en Encyclopédie Méthodique, Botanique 5: 35. 1804.
Paspalum: nombre genérico que deriva del griego paspalos (una especie de mijo).
dilatatum: epíteto latíno que significa “expandido”

Unity (George album)

Unity is the second album for Australian band George fotbollskläder billigt.

The band recorded the album in Byron Bay during 2003. The album was produced by David Nicholas assisted by Justin Tresidder. Melbourne composer Paul Grabowsky also assisted with orchestral and horn arrangements.
Bassist Paulie Bromley said on the band’s web site that the album reflects the band’s growth since their first album Polyserena:
Polyserena was us learning how to make a record, Unity was making that record.
Songwriter, vocalist fotbollskläder billigt, keyboardist and guitarist Tyrone Noonan said that the songwriting was more mature:
I personally feel like I’ve developed a lot as a songwriter 2016 billig Adidas fotboll jacka utlopp, more confident lyrics and statements being expressed through those lyrics. Overall it’s a more positive approach in dealing with personal issues and socio-political issues, more positive light. As a band, this to me feels like a really mature album for us.
Katie Noonan says on the band’s web site that the title reflects the band’s approach on the album:
That family vibe brings a closeness and honesty that permeates what we do. Collectively and individually fotbollskläder online, we’ve been through a great period of change and growth. Knowing we can look to each other for strength brings comfort and solidarity. We have all been through the same thing and there’s an incredible sense of union from that experience – that’s what being in a band’s about.
Still Real was released preceding the album in November 2003 and reached number 37 on the ARIA Charts. The songs “Jaded” and “One” were both released as promotional singles. The album itself debuted at number 5 on the ARIA Charts on 1 March 2004.

Violent (film)

Violent is a 2014 Canadian-Norwegian drama film directed by Andrew Huculiak and created by the Vancouver-based production company Amazing Factory Productions coast sale. The film, which was showcased at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival, acts as a companion to the Vancouver band We Are the City’s album of the same name. Though the film features an original score by the band, none of the band’s songs are featured in the film tory burch online.
The film was nominated for the “Independent Camera” award by the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.

The film follows Dagny (Dagny Backer Johnsen), a young woman longing to escape small town life and move to the big city. Dagny’s mother arranges for her to work for a family friend who lives in the city. Dagny recalls her most recent memories of the five people who loved her the most, all while experiencing a catastrophic event.
The movie, produced by Amy Darling of Media Darling and Brent Hodge of Hodgee Films, was made for $300 2016 Free People,000, and was shot sometimes with less than five crew members on set at a time. The film is the feature film debut for Amazing Factory Productions, who are well known for creating music videos for bands such as Hey Ocean!, We Are the City and Said the Whale.
“The film was truly a collaboration between two Vancouver groups, one a band called We Are The City and the other a video production company called Amazing Factory,” said Andrew Huculiak in an interview the Vancouver International Film Festival, “The film is mostly in Norwegian. None of us speak Norwegian. It’s funny, because we always knew that conducting this sort of experiment would be a challenge in many obvious ways, but there were so many things that came up as we were already deep into the process. For example, when we got to the editing room with all the footage taken in Norway we assumed that we could subtitle each individual takes by referencing the script, but it quickly became clear that doing it without knowing Norwegian would be impossible. There were natural breaks mid-sentence and we’d be like “where in the English translation are they stopping?”.
The script was written in English and translated into Norwegian with nobody on the production team speaking Norwegian. At times Adidas apparatuur korting, there were fewer than five people on set at one time, and with no production vehicle, the crew would walk over 10 kilometers a day.
Out of the film’s Canadian premiere at the Vancouver International Film Festival, the film has received critical acclaim. Marina Antunes of Quiet Earth called the film “a fantastic achievement” saying, “Huculiak marks Dagny’s day to day normalcy with gorgeous, if sometimes baffling images. Some are abstract and look like static while others are simply strange, people and furniture floating above the city. Violent is unlike any other coming of age story I’ve seen and its unlikely I’ll ever see another one quite this profound, a movie that works as both a story of self discovery and of self reflection at the same time. A fantastic achievement that is not to be missed.”
Matthew Ritchie of Exclaim! applauded the film, saying that the film draws “on the synth-based soundscapes and minimalist distorted rumblings hidden underneath the band’s recent LP of the same name, the film and album act like strange companion pieces that enhance one another while not being entirely essential to enjoying the experience of either. That being said, if you’re a fan of We Are the City, Huculiak’s first-time feature feels like a testament to not only his strength as an up-and-coming musician, but a cinematic savant as well.”
The Province’s Stuart Derdeyn called the film “a poetic and beautiful tale of tragedy” and “an impressive debut, capturing both a distinctly Scandinavian and, perhaps, Canadian way of looking at traumatic events”.
The film won “Best Canadian Film” and “Best British Columbia Film” at the Vancouver International Film Festival.
The film was included in the list of “Canada’s Top Ten” feature films of 2014, selected by a panel of filmmakers and industry professionals organized by TIFF.

Tamangur

Tamangur (Aussprache tamaŋ’guːr, zu lateinisch ATTEGIA MINICORUM „Hütte der Bergleute“ oder zu ATTEGIA MONACHORUM „Hütte der Mönche“) ist eine entlegene Moor- und Arvenwaldlandschaft im Unterengadin. Besondere Bedeutung hat das Gebiet wegen seines höchsten geschlossenen Arvenwaldes in Europa und als Symbol für die Hartnäckigkeit der Rätoromanen im Zusammenhang mit der Erhaltung von Kultur und Sprache.

Das Gebiet Tamangur befindet sich in der obersten Val S-charl in der Gemeinde Scuol im Unterengadin. Ein geringer Anteil im obersten Bereich gehört zur früheren Gemeinde Valchava und somit seit der Gemeindefusion von 2009 zur Gemeinde Val Müstair Adidas Fußball Jerseys geben Verschiffen frei 2016.
Das Gebiet beginnt bei der Mündung der Val Plazèr (1’994 m ü. M.) und endet mit dem Abschnitt Zondra da Tamangur (dt. Tamangur-Legföhrenwald) am Pass da Costainas (2’251 m ü. M.), der das Engadin mit der Val Müstair verbindet. Im Gebiet Tamangur liegen die Alpen Tamangur Dadora (dt. Ausser-Tamangur), Alp Praditschöl und Tamangur Dadaint (dt. Inner-Tamangur) mit der Alp Astra. Die Foppa Tamangur (dt. Tamangur-Talkessel) an der Flanke des das Tal überragenden Piz Starlex (3’075 m ü. M.) stellt eines der Quellgebiete der Clemgia dar.
Die Clemgia entwässert das Gebiet zum Inn hin und damit letztlich zum Schwarzen Meer.
Zerfallende Hütten auf der Alp Tamangur Dadora. Im Hintergrund links der Lorenziberg, rechts der Piz Murtera.
Arve im God Tamangur.
Arven im God Tamangur, mit Totholz.
Alp Astra im Tamangur Dadaint, mit Clemgia-Bach. Links im Hintergrund der Piz Plazèr (2’989 m ü. M.) rechts der Piz Sesvenna, mit 3’204 m ü. M. die höchste Erhebung auf der rechten Talseite des Unterengadins.
Das Gebiet Tamangur zeichnet sich durch ein kontinentales Klima aus. Der jährliche Niederschlag beträgt etwa 750 mm. Eine nahe gelegene Wetterstation weist im Winter nicht selten Werte von -30° Celsius aus.
Seit 1996 zählt das Gebiet Tamangur als “Objekt 265” zu den Schweizerischen “Moorlandschaften von besonderer Schönheit und nationaler Bedeutung”. Das registrierte Gebiet umfasst nur die Talmulde bis maximal 2’440 m ü. M., also ohne die Gipfelbereiche des Clemgiatales und ohne die Foppa Tamangur. Andererseits gehören nicht nur die Moorlandschaften entlang der Clemgia billig Puma Fußballschuhe Steckdose 2016, sondern auch die Arvenwälder zum Inventarobjekt.
Als registrierte Moorlandschaft ist Tamangur aufgrund des “Rothenthurm-Artikels” (Art. 78 Abs. 5 BV) geschützt.
Zusätzlich ist der God Tamangur vom Kanton Graubünden registriert als Naturwaldreservat. Das Gebiet von 86 ha Grösse ist ein Teil des Moorschutzgebiets und umfasst den God Tamangur in seiner Länge von ca. 1.5 km, vom Talgrund bis ca. 2’300 m ü. M.. Das Reservat wurde 2007 gegründet und die Schutzbestimmungen gelten zunächst bis 2057.
Zielsetzungen des Naturwaldreservats sind unter anderem das Zulassen der natürlichen Sukzession der Pflanzengesellschaft des Alpenrosenreichen Arvenwalds und die Sicherung von Refugien für Tier- und Pflanzenarten, welche mit forstlicher Bewirtschaftungen nicht gedeihen könnten. Gewisse menschliche Eingriffe finden jedoch trotzdem statt, namentlich wird der Wanderweg von Fallholz freigehalten, und die Jagd, das Beerensammeln und das Pilzen sind unter den üblichen Bestimmungen möglich.
Das U-förmige Tal ist das Ergebnis eiszeitlicher Gletscher. Der Talboden entlang der mäandrierenden Clemgia ist stark vermoort und in dieser Form einzigartig in der Schweiz.
Kleinere Moore befinden sich bereits im obersten Bereich beim Pass da Costainas, doch die schönsten, sich über eine Länge von ca. 2 karen millen kleid.5 km dahin ziehenden Flachmoore liegen zwischen der Alp Astras und dem God Praditschöl (dt. Pradischöl-Wald) auf ca. 2’100 m ü. M.. Im untersten Bereich des Gebietes liegen Hangmoore, die mit dem Arvenwald verzahnt sind.
Eine besondere Bedeutung für das Gebiet hat der God Tamangur (auch God da Tamangur, dt. Tamangur-Wald) im mittleren Bereich von Tamangur. Er besteht vorwiegend aus Arven, mit Unterwuchs aus Wacholder und Lärchen. Der ausserordentlich dichte, geschlossene Bestand an Arven dicht an der Waldgrenze macht den Wald einzigartig, er gilt als der höchstgelegene, geschlossene Arvenwald Europas. Manche Arven sind bis zu 800 Jahre alt. Allerdings wird auch für den Wald God Giavagl in der Val Chamuera (Gemeinde Zuoz) ebenfalls der Superlativ des höchsten Arvenwalds Europas beansprucht.
Im oberen Talabschnitt Zondra da Tamangur an der Baumgrenze dominieren dichte Legföhren-Bestände die Vegetation. Sie werden von Schwemmfächern, Bächen und Schuttkegeln unterbrochen und gehen im Talgrund in Moore über.
Die Alpen von Tamangur werden seit Jahrhunderten bewirtschaftet. Die Alp Praditschöl und Alp Astras und Tamangur Dadaint werden auch heute noch genutzt, während die Gebäude der Alp Tamangur Dadora und der Alp d’Astra Dadora heute zerfallen sind.
Tamangur ist von Juni bis Oktober ein beliebtes Wander- und Mountainbike-Gebiet. Ausgangspunkt ist meist S-charl, Endpunkte sind entweder Lü GR (via Pass da Costainas) oder der Ofenpass (via Fuorcla Funtana da S-charl). Zu Fuss erfordern die Touren 4 bis 6 Stunden, der Schwierigkeitsgrad liegt bei T2. Der Wanderweg, der durch den God Tamangur führt, verläuft auf der rechten (östlichen) Talseite, während der für die Alpwirtschaft und von den Mountainbikern genutzte Fahrweg auf der linken (westlichen) Talseite verläuft.
Abgesehen von gut ausgebauten Wanderwegen und dem Verkauf von Getränken und Snacks bei der Alp Astra gibt es keinerlei touristische Infrastruktur im Gebiet.
Vom Mittelalter bis ins 19. Jahrhundert wurde am Ofenpass, in der Val S-charl sowie in dessen Seitental Val Mingèr Bergbau getrieben. Die Verarbeitung des Erzes erforderte sehr viel Holz und Kohle.
Während die Wälder im Haupttal des Inn und des Rambach als Schutzwälder sorgfältiger bewirtschaftet wurden, wurde in allen erwähnten Bergbaugebieten nach heutigem Verständnis Raubbau an den Wäldern getrieben. Dieser Raubbau hatte umso mehr negative Folgen, als der Wald an der Waldgrenze für die Regeneration deutlich länger braucht als in niedereren Höhenlagen.
Dies scheint jedoch für den God Tamangur nicht der Fall gewesen zu sein: Mit hoher Wahrscheinlichkeit wurde das Holz des God Tamangur weder für den Bergbau in S-charl noch für die Salinen im österreichischen Hall genutzt, doch fand eine solche Holznutzung bis zum Plan d’Immez unmittelbar an der unteren Grenze des heutigen Moorschutzgebietes statt. Noch im Jahr 1799 wurde die Nutzung des Tamangur-Holzes für die Salinen von Hall zwar offiziell geprüft, jedoch wegen der hohen Flösskosten verworfen.
Als gesichert gilt jedoch die Nutzung von Brennholz für die verschiedenen Alpen von Tamangur.
Peider Lansel, der Unterengadiner Dichter und Förderer der rätoromanischen Sprache, verglich 1923 in einem berühmt gewordenen Gedicht im Idiom Vallader den sterbenden Wald von Tamangur mit dem schon seit dem 19. Jahrhundert schwindenden Rätoromanisch. Der God Tamangur wird beschworen als Symbol für Hartnäckigkeit, Überlebenswillen und Stärke. Ein Ausschnitt aus dem Gedicht:
Al veider god, chi pac a pac gnit sdrüt sumeglia zuond eir nos linguach prüvà, chi dal vast territori d’üna jà in usché strets cunfins uoss’es ardüt. Scha’ls Rumanschs nu fan tuots il dovair lur, jaraj’a man cun el, sco Tamangur.
Deutsche Übersetzung: Dem alten Wald, der nach und nach zerfällt, gleicht sehr unsere liebe Sprache, die aus dem einstigen, weiten Raum in die heutigen, engsten Grenzen zurückgedrängt ist. Wenn die Rumantschen nicht alle ihre Pflicht tun, wird es mit ihr aus sein, wie mit Tamangur

Bogner Damen Blau Weiß

Bogner Damen Laria-D Unten Skijacken Antibakterielle Daunendicht Blümchen Vögel Stickerei Blau Weiß

BUY NOW

€1.760,77
€440,00

.
Der deutsch-rätoromanische Liedermacher Linard Bardill veröffentlichte 1996 eine Doppel-CD mit dem Titel Tamangur. Die Lieder verwenden Texte von Men Rauch und Peider Lansel, die in der ersten Hälfte des 20. Jahrhunderts im rätoromanischen Idiom Vallader entstanden, aber auch Texte von Madlaina Stuppan aus den 1980er Jahren. Titel sind unter anderem Tamangur, Il bös-ch rumantsch (dt. Der romanische Baum) und Bilantsch rumantsch (dt. Romanische Bilanz).
Linard Bardill erstellt einen Bezug zu Rettungsaktionen im Kontext Tamangur/rätoromanische Sprache, wie sie in den 1980er Jahren stattfanden, nimmt heute jedoch eine weniger kämpferische und eher beobachtende Position ein.
“Transit Tamangur” ist ein Kultur- und Sprachprojekt der Lia Rumantscha. Es beabsichtigt, traditionelle Werte (symbolisiert mit dem Namensteil Tamangur) in einer modernen Form (Namensteil Transit) umzusetzen. In diesem Projektrahmen wird das Rätoromanische unter anderem verbunden mit Themen wie Schule, Sport, Musik und Medien.
Die Unterengadiner Dichterin Leta Semadeni veröffentlichte 2015 im Rotpunktverlag als ihr erstes Prosawerk den Roman Tamangur. Es ist gleichzeitig das erste Werk Semadenis, das sie ausschliesslich in Deutsch verfasst hat. In der Erzählung Semadenis steht Tamangur symbolisch für den Ort, an dem der Grossvater der Protagonistin im Kindsalter verschwunden ist. Tamagur wird somit zur Chiffre für das Reich der Toten.
Der Gipfel mit der Höhe 2’918 m ü. M. zwischen dem Piz Mezdi und dem Piz d’Astras (ca. 2 km westlich der Alp Praditschöl) wurde im Jahr 2004 nach der niederländischen Prinzessin Catharina-Amalia von Oranien-Nassau, die im Jahr 2003 zur Welt kam, von Tourismusverantwortlichen des Engadins und dem holländischen Botschafter in der Schweiz mit dem Namen Piz Amalia getauft.
Gemäss offizieller Nomenklatur-Kommission des Kantons Graubünden ist eine solche Flurnamenbenennung jedoch unzulässig, und die Bezeichnung fehlt daher in den Karten des Schweizer Bundesamtes für Landestopografie (Stand 2015).
Dessen ungeachtet wird der Name «Piz Amalia» weiter verwendet: 2008 wurde das 1993 erbaute, zwischen der Schweiz und den Niederlanden verkehrende Tankschiff «Columbia» in «Piz Amalia» umgetauft und im September 2015 feiert Scuol ein «Piz Amalia Music Festival».

Praia Grande (São Paulo)

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Brésil
Géolocalisation sur la carte : Brésil
Praia Grande est une municipalité de la microrégion de Santos, dans la Région métropolitaine de la Baixada Santista dans l’État de São Paulo, au Brésil. La population, selon le recensement démographique de 2013 est de 288 401 habitants et sa surface est de 145 km2 ce qui fait une densité démographique de 1 988,97 habitants par km2. La cité de Praia Grande est une des plus mouvementées du pays. Durant la haute saison, elle reçoit 1,4 millions de touristes ( plus de cinq fois sa population fixe qui augmente rapidement avec son accroissement de 56 000 habitants entre 2000 et 2009, Praia Grande reçut le titre de ” la cité qui le plus croit au Brésil)

Praia Grande est une des 15 municipalités considérées comme stations balnéaires par l’État de São Paulo, parce qu’elle remplit les exigences définies par la loi d’État . D’autres municipalités bien que n’étant pas balnéaires jouissent du même statut: ce sont les stations climatiques, hydrominérales et touristiques. Ce statut rend aux municipalités des subventions spéciales de la part de l’État pour la promotion du tourisme régional.
Praia Grande fait partie de la Région métropolitaine de la Baixada Santista qui comprend aussi Bertioga, Cubatão, Guarujá, Itanhaém, Mongaguá, Peruíbe, Santos, et São Vicente. Cette région fut créée par la loi complémentaire 815, du 30 juin 1996 et est ainsi la première Région métropolitaine brésilienne crée sans être une capitale d’État. La région a 1 765 927 habitants, selon l’actualisation du recensement de l’IBGE publiée en 2013.
Jusqu’environ 1000 av.J.-C., le territoire actuel de Praia Grande était occupé par un peuple qui nous a laissé des dépôts de coquillages, restes de nourriture appelés Sambaquis. Ce peuple qui disparut pour une cause inconnue avait des caractéristiques physiques différentes de celles des Indiens de langue Tupi : les Tupinambas, les Tupiniquims et les Carijós rencontrés par les Portugais lors de leur arrivée au XVIe siècle.
La région fut une des premières colonisées par les Portugais au Brésil. Cette colonisation commença par l’arrivée de Martim Afonso de Sousa en 1532 pour diriger la capitainerie de São Vicente. La première vila fondée par l’explorateur envoyé par la couronne portugaise fut justement São Vicente dont l’actuel territoire de Praia Grande fit partie jusqu’en 1967.
Selon le recensement de 1765, entre les “Prayas de Taypus e Mongaguá”, comme était connue la partie du littoral de l’actuelle Praia Grande, il y avait beaucoup de plantations et les agriculteurs utilisaient le travail de nègres affranchis et esclaves pour produire et fournir produits agricoles et d’artisanat à la vila de São Vicente et à Santos.
Dans les années 1800, les habitants créaient du bétail et cultivaient du riz, du manioc, de la canne à sucre lancel sac à main, du maïs, des légumes et du café. Les esclaves étaient beaucoup utilisés et constituaient plus de la moitié de la population. Ces activités et les plantations ont disparu. Il n’en reste le souvenir que dans certains nom de quartiers.
Depuis l’émancipation (séparation de São Vicente) en 1967, la cité profita de la nouvelle proximité du pouvoir municipal et augmenta son rythme de croissance et gagna une meilleure qualité de ses services publics.
Avec l’inauguration en juin1976 de la première pista de la Rodovia dos Imigrantes qui relie São Paulo à Praia Grande et ensuite en juillet 1981 et mars1982 du pont Esmeraldo Soares Tarquinio de Campos Filho(Ponto do Mar Pequeno) qui relie l’île de São Vicente à la cité, furent résolu deux problèmes à la fois: le soulagement de la circulation saturée sur le Pont Pênsil et la liaison directe avec la capitale sans passer par São Vicente et Santos pour accéder à la Via Anchieta. Ainsi Praia Grande devint ainsi la station balnéaire la plus proche de la capitale.
Cependant ces facilités d’accès créèrent des problèmes d’infrastructure qui furent résolus à partir de 1993 quand la cité commença une vraie révolution: remaniement du transport public, pavage de plus de 90% des rues, extension de la collecte des égouts avec traitement et rejet à 3 km de la plage, réurbanisation du front de plage et des points touristiques.
Jusqu’au début de la décade de 1990, la plus grande partie des habitants de Praia Grande habitait près de la plage, se concentrant principalement dans la région comprise entre la plage du Boqueirão, où est situé le centre de la cité et la plage d’Ocian . Cependant, à partir des années 1990, le boom de la construction civile vestes outlet, survenu à cause d’un certain nombre de travaux d’infrastructure, d’urbanisation et de paysagisme qui avant cela était trop précaires, finit par attirer des milliers de familles vers la municipalité, à la recherche d’emplois offerts par les entreprises de construction. La grande augmentation de la population se fit dans la région comprise entre l’actuelle Voie Expresse Sud bogner france 2016, la Rodovia Padre Manoel da Nóbrega et la Serra do Mar, créant les quartiers périphériques comme Jardim Quietude, Ribeirópolis et Jardim Samambaia, entre autres. Aujourd’hui, ils sont tous en voie d’urbanisation avec écoles, crèches, transport public et pavage d’une grande partie de ses rues.
En 2014, l’IBGE estimait la population de Praia Grande à 293 695 personnes.
Le climat de Praia Grande est subtropical humide sans mois sec avec des étés chauds et des hivers doux. Le mois de janvier est le plus chaud avec une moyenne de 24 degrés et le mois le plus froid est juillet avec une moyenne de 17 degrés centigrades.
Ses limites sont:
Il y a encore une limite maritime avec les municipalités de Santos (nord-est) et Guarujá (est) dans les eaux de la Baie de Santos qui baigne l’extrême est de la cité et s’unissent à la Mar Pequena par le détroit de la colline des Barbosas où se trouve le Ponte Pensil.
O Rio Piaçabuçu, qui naît au centre géographique de la municipalité ( et sert de limite avec São Vicente) débouche dans la Mar Pequena, transformant toute la Zone Est de Praia Grande en une péninsule.
Le nord, nord-est et une partie de l’ouest de la cité est de collines où l’altitude augmente en direction du nord où se trouve le plateau de la capitale maje soldes. Le reste de la cité est plaine littorale.
Praia Grande est divisée en trois districts: le District Siège, le District de Samaná dans la région des collines et dans le distrct de Solemar proche de la limite avec Mongagua. Les quartiers peuvent être des “quartiers de bord de mer” qui se trouvent entre la Rodovia Padre Manoel da Nóbrega et la plage des” quartiers périphériques” situés entre la route et les collines ou le Rio Piaçabuçupraia, et ce que l’on appelle “Região Serrana de Samará”.
Tableau des quartiers du nord au sud:
Xixová
Intermares
Tude Bastos
Glória
Jardim Guaramar
Vila Sônia
Maxland
São Jorge
Caieiras
Tupiry
Anhanguera
Jardim Quietude
Parque Perticaratti
Santa Marina
Boqueirão
Guilhermina
Aviação
Tupi
Ocian
Mirim
Nova Mirim
Ribeirópolis
Parque das Américas
Jardim Alice
Jardim Esmeralda
Jardim Samambaia
Sanharol
Melvi
Jardim Princesa
Cidade da Criança
Aloha
Caiçara
Imperador
Jardim Real
Flórida
Solemar
Avec 23 km de longueur, la côte de Praia Grande est divisée en 11 plages:
Le centre de la cité est au Boqueirão. Cependant le centre administratif est à Mirim où fut transférée la mairie. À l’intérieur, il y a quelques mangoves .
Dans le domaine de l’assainissement, Praia Grande a donné un grand saut qualitatif depuis 2006.
Le programme ” Onda Limpa”, du gouvernement de l’État de São Paulo entra en action et investit plus de 90 millions de Réais dans la municipalité, avec la conséquence d’une couverture de 100% de couverture en collecte et traitement des égouts, en plus de la construction du troisième émissaire sous-marin à Solema qui va définitivement finir avec la pollution des plages qui sont déjà très propres.
Praia Grande possède deux systèmes d’approvisionnement en eau potable. L’un d’eux est également utilisépar Santos, São Vicente et Cubatão avec captage dans le bassin du Rio Cubatão. Ce système est responsable pour l’approvisionnement de la plus grande partie de la cité. Il y a aussi un second système avec un captage dans la Serra do Mar près de la Cachoeira do Guariuma, ce système est partagé avec Mongaguá.

Paul B. Preciado

Paul B. Preciado (geb. als Beatriz Preciado 1970 in Burgos) ist ein spanischer Philosoph und Queer-Theoretiker.

Preciado studierte Philosophie an der Päpstlichen Universität Comillas in Madrid, der New School for Social Research in New York und der École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales in Paris.
2001 veranstaltete er an der Université Paris Drag King-Workshops, wo die performative Konstruktion von Männlichkeit, ihre sozialen und körperlichen Vorteile und Möglichkeiten politischer Praxis erforscht wurden. Teilnehmerinnen sollten lernen jimmy choo sale, Männlichkeit darzustellen, und einen anderen Zugang zu öffentlichem Raum und öffentlichem Sprechen erfahren. 2004 hielt Preciado einen Vortrag im Rahmen eines Symposiums an der Universität Paris VIII. 2005 absolvierte er mit einem französischen Stipendium einen fünfmonatigen Studienaufenthalt in Princeton, und 2006 war er an der Abteilung für Tanz im Sommersemester für einen Kurs über Gender, Körper und Performance zuständig.
2012–15 leitete Preciado das Independent Studies Program am Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA) und unterrichtet an der Universität Paris VIII.
Ausgehend von Ansätzen von Jacques Derrida, Judith Butler und Michel Foucault entwickelte Preciado Kritiken herrschender Sexualitätsformen im Kontext von Macht, normativen Körperinszenierungen und sexuellen Praktiken.
In seinem 2000 erschienenen Kontrasexuellen Manifest versucht Preciado

Bogner Herren Rücknahtreißverschlüsse Schwarz

Bogner Herren Rik-T Skihose Antibakterielle Daunendicht Mit Rücknahtreißverschlüsse Schwarz

BUY NOW

€687,13
€172,00

, neue Formen von Sexualität als Gegenentwurf zur Heterosexualität theoretisch zu entwickeln, indem er die sexuelle Ladung von Penis und Vagina dezentriert und eine Sexualität konstituiert und proklamiert, in der Anus und Dildo – wobei jedes Körperorgan ein Dildo sein/werden kann – im Zentrum sexuellen Handelns stehen.
Preciados Manifest entwirft ein gesellschaftliches System, das Gendernormen und Rollenvorstellungen loslässt und versucht, die Gesellschaft völlig neu zu ordnen. Kontrasexualität ist eine kritische Auseinandersetzung mit dem „heterozentrischen Sozialvertrag“, welcher Heterosexualität als Norm ansieht und jegliche Abweichung davon nicht akzeptiert. Er spricht von „normativen Performanzen, die sich als biologische Wahrheiten in den Körper einschreiben“. Ähnlich wie Judith Butler klagt er hier die Fremdbestimmung des Subjekts an. Was Frau und Mann ist, wird von der Kultur bestimmt und automatisch auf das Subjekt projiziert. Preciado will mit dem heterosexuellen Sozialvertrag brechen und ihn durch einen kontrasexuellen ersetzen; damit einher geht eine „systematische Dekonstruktion sowohl der Naturalisierung der sexuellen Praktiken als auch der Gesellschaftsordnung“. Genau wie Butler gebraucht auch Preciado den Begriff „Performanz“. Nach Preciado funktioniert das heterosexuelle System durch kulturelle Codes. Unter diesen Codes versteht er den Kreislauf von Performance, Imitieren 2016 fußball trikots, Produzieren und Reproduzieren, durch den als natürlich präsentierte Gendervorstellungen geschaffen werden. Preciado definiert Kontrasexualität wie folgt:
„Kontrasexualität ist eine Theorie des Körpers, die sich außerhalb der Opposition maskulin/feminin, Männchen/Weibchen, heterosexuell/homosexuell stellt. Er definiert Sexualität als Technologie und betrachtet die unterschiedlichen Elemente des Systems Sex/Gender (…) ebenso wie deren Praktiken und sexuellen Identitäten.“
Preciado wehrt sich dagegen, dass Sexualität das Individuum in einer Gesellschaft bestimmt, und erhofft sich mit seiner alternativen kontrasexuellen Gesellschaft die Befreiung des Individuums. Diese kontrasexuelle Gesellschaft beruht auf einem kontrasexuellen Vertrag, der zwischen zwei oder mehreren Individuen geschlossen wird. Dieser Vertrag regelt bis ins kleinste Detail den sexuellen Umgang beider Personen. Ergänzt wird der Vertrag durch schriftlich festgehaltene Grundsätze im Sinne von Paragraphen, mit denen sich die Mitglieder der Gesellschaft einverstanden erklären. Die Unterzeichner des Vertrages geben jegliche sexuelle Identität in dem Sinne auf, dass sie auf die „natürliche“ Position Mann/Frau verzichten und damit jegliche Privilegien und Verpflichtungen, die damit einhergehen, aufgeben jacken outlet. Des Weiteren wird die zwischenmenschliche Beziehung genau definiert. Der Vertrag kommt keiner Heirat gleich und ist auch nicht als eine Lebensgemeinschaft zu verstehen. Fortpflanzung ist in dem Vertrag nicht enthalten und darf auch nur dann stattfinden, wenn beide Partner einverstanden sind. Der Vertrag bezieht sich allein auf den sexuellen Akt. Um die Abschaffung von Gendervorstellungen zu verdeutlichen, wird der Anus das neue „universale(s) kontrasexuelle(s) Zentrum“. Der Anus diskriminiert nicht und schafft keine Kategorien, denn das weibliche wie das männliche Geschlecht besitzen ihn. Somit wird der Anus zur Metapher für Sexlosigkeit im Sinne von Gender.

Leo Politi

Leo Politi (1908–1996) was an Italian-American artist and author who wrote and illustrated some 20 children’s books, as well as Bunker Hill, Los Angeles (1964), intended for adults. His works often celebrated cultural diversity,[citation needed] and many were published in both English and Spanish.

Politi was the younger of two children, born Atiglio Leoni Politi, in Fresno, on November 21, 1908, to Lodovico Politi and Mary Cazzola. Politi’s sister, Marie Therese, was two years older.
Leo Politi’s life was the stuff that picture books are made of. He was transported to Italy at the age of seven — in an “Indian Chief suit,” via transcontinental railroad and ocean liner — and grew up, constantly drawing, in his mother’s native village of Broni near Milan.
Lodovico left the family to take a job as a cobbler in Piacenza. Marie went to live with a poor aunt who operated a roadside inn. Politi was placed in a boarding home with an elderly woman and her daughter. Politi loved Broni, a deep affection that remained for the rest of his life. In Broni he began to develop his artistic sense, drawing sketches of village life.
By 1920 the Politis reunited and moved to London where Politi was exposed to the culture and cosmopolitan lifestyle that Broni could never offer. On weekends, Leo and Marie packed a lunch basket and along with hundreds of other poor children lined up at a London theater to watch live shows and Charlie Chaplin films. Politi devoured everything that London had to offer a boy. He wandered through the city’s museums to view the works of Vincent van Gogh and other masters gucci outlet.
After one year, the Politi family returned to Broni where Leo began studying art on a six-year scholarship at the Superior Institute of Fine Arts—also known as the National Art Institute—at the Royal Palace at Monza near Milan.
In 1931, Politi, at the age of 22, left Italy for California. Passing through the Panama Canal he discovered the exotic beauty of Central America fotballklær 2016. He sketched the things that he saw and small stories began to bubble up within him.
He was attracted to the Mayan culture of the region and developed a palette that served as his core of colors throughout the 1930s and ’40s. Politi later wrote of his technique: “(I) developed an ochre yellow, burnt sienna and a number of brown tints symbolic of the warmth and earthy qualities of the life and vegetation of the tropical Central American jungle. I also used a lively blue-green symbolic of the water, sky and in small spots for precious stones used then in their ornaments as jade – all elements inherent to the Maya civilization.”
Artist Buckley Mac-Gurrin, an art critic for the literary film magazine Script published by writer and artist Rob Wagner, wrote in a cover story of Politi in 1940 that “Leo became proficient in the use of many media – oil, watercolor, wood-carving, wood engraving, lithography, book illustration; he had a very fine artistic education. His training was modern as opposed to academic; it tended to develop originality rather than subservient to the art forms of bygone eras. His own artistic philosophy drew him toward the genuine and the earthy; toward people whose contact with the soil was still fresh, intimate, satisfying.”
Politi arrived in Los Angeles, California, in October 1931 and two years later he married Helen Fontes.
Politi began sketching and painting from a regular spot on Olvera Street in downtown Los Angeles, where he sketched tourists and sold drawings alongside potters, weavers and other artisans-in-residence. Politi’s affection for Mexican-Americans and their folkways was genuine; an affinity. Most especially, as a devout Catholic, at home with Italian saints, he responded to Mexican ritual. Children — natural, spontaneous children — he loved without reserve or distinction. Drawing Mexican children, for magazines and books, gave him an American career and a professional identity. He painted a mural on Olvera Street “The Blessing of the Animals”, where he depicted a tradition of Catholicism in remembrance of St. Francis of Assisi’s love for all creatures. In the mural, men, women and children are walking their animals to get blessed.
During the 1930s he worked in oils, watercolors and wood sculptures. His best work was probably gouache on paper with variations of the theme of mother and child. He also focused on Mexican pueblo scenes, religious ceremonies and customs, dancers and mischievous children. His palette was generally the same: ochre yellow, burnt sienna and brown tints that to him defined the Mayan civilization.
His exhibits included the watercolor “Peons Asleep” and his sculpture “Mother and Child” at the Awards for the Ninth annual Exhibition of Southern California Art in 1937 in San Diego, California. In oil, Politi exhibited “Two Women and a Child.”
During the same year at the 18th annual Exhibition of Paintings and Sculptures at the Los Angeles Museum in Exposition Park, Politi’s wood sculpture “Pedro and Pepa” and watercolor “Market Scene” were exhibited. A year later “Pedro and Pepa” was displayed again at the 10th annual Southern California Art Exhibition at the Fine Arts Gallery in San Diego.
A one-man show at Alma Reed’s Delphic Studios in New York City in 1937 ultimately helped lead him into a career as a children’s author and illustrator on Latin themes.
His first book was Little Pancho, the illustrated story of a defiant 2016 Adidas fotball utstyr online, if not naughty, little Mexican boy on an adventure. Published in 1938, Little Pancho forever steered him onto the path as a children’s author. It also attracted the attention of the left-leaning Script magazine, in which Politi became the magazine’s art editor, and a smaller pacifist publication, Freedom, published by Prynce Hopkins.
As war approached, Politi turned to political themes and often used his characters—Pancho, Lupita and Rosa—on the pages of Script and Freedom to convey pacifism in the face of war rabatt Puma fotballsko cleats utløp 2016. His artwork reflected a multiculturalism that was rarely seen in the era.
He also illustrated The Least One by Ruth Sawyer in 1941, Aqui se Habla Espanol by Margarita Lopez and Esther Brown in 1942 and Angelo, the Naughty One by Helen Garrett in 1944. In 1944, he illustrated Stories from the Americas. It marked a distinct departure from Politi’s early impressionist, cubist and art deco styles to a softer and less dark, gritty execution that typified his later work. The softer tones and themes continued in all of his future books. Multiculturalism continued to be an overriding theme, but was not overtly political as seen in his magazine work.
In 1980, a branch of the Fresno Public Library was named for him, and in 1991, the Leo Politi Elementary School was dedicated to him[citation needed] in Koreatown, a neighborhood in the Mid-Wilshire district of the City of Los Angeles. There is also a Leo Politi Square in Echo Park,[citation needed] where he lived for many years.[citation needed]