EU Ecolabel

EU Ecolabel or EU Flower is a voluntary ecolabel scheme established in 1992 by the European Commission.

The label includes a green flower with inclined green “ϵ” (Greek epsilon) as the flower running fanny pack water bottle, surrounded by 12 blue stars. On EU Ecolabelled products, it must always be used together with the license number. Because of the logo, the label has a nickname EU Flower.

The implementation of the EU Ecolabel is set through Regulation (EC) No 66/2010 of the European Parliament and of the Council. Its management is carried out by the European Commission and the national competent bodies. There is a competent body in each European Economic Area member state.

The EU Ecolabel is part of a broader EU Action Plan on Sustainable Consumption and Production and Sustainable Industrial Policy adopted by the European Commission on 16 July 2008, which also links the EU Ecolabel to other EU policies such as green public procurement (GPP) and Ecodesign of energy-using products.

EU Ecolabel meets the ISO 14020 Type 1 requirements for ecolabels. The EU Ecolabel criteria are developed and reviewed in cooperation of experts how to use a meat mallet, industry, consumer organisations and environmental NGOs. EU Ecolabel criteria have been formulated for more than 30 non-food and non-medical product groups that are reviewed every 3–5 years. The label applications and licenses are managed by the national competent bodies.

In addition, the European Commission confirmed that EU Ecolabel criteria have been changed with a new set of ecological criteria for computers (personal, notebook and tablet computers) electric meat tenderiser, furniture and footwear, in order to promote the Europe’s transition to a circular economy, supporting the sustainable production and consumption in the region.

In March 2016, there were 36,395 products that were awarded EU Ecolabel. The countries with most EU Ecolabel licences were France (26%), Italy (18%), and Germany (12%). EU Ecolabel has a strong position in most of the European countries and other ecolabelling schemes are triggered to take a position concerning the overlap with EU Ecolabel, for example Nordic ecolabel that in the Nordic countries is more popular than EU Ecolabel. In Germany, the Blue Angel is very common.

In a 2013 survey, Denmark was shown to be the top country in Europe where consumers recognise the EU Ecolabel and know what it stands for, with 35% of consumers recognising it visually and 17% of consumers knowing its meaning.

In early 1990s, the US, Canada and several other countries criticized the EU Ecolabel’s product life-cycle analysis scheme, extra emphasis on usage of recycled materials by the products, and lack of transparency. EU Ecolabel had responded by adjustment of its assessment standards in 1996. Some decisions by EU Ecolabel, such as ban on imports of seal skins, furs caught using leg-hold traps, and Malaysian food, were criticized for their supportive nature of local European industry and allegedly unfairly putting foreign product makers at disadvantage. Similar trade barrier concerns were raised by US package goods industry in 1996.

The most recent revision of the label entered in force in February 2010. Some of the goals were to provide for a more rapid criteria development for specific product categories, to harmonise the EU Ecolabel with other ecolabels and to minimize the costs of the process, as well as to simplify the application procedure.

The European NGOs and consumer organizations see the EU Ecolabel as a powerful instrument in encouraging environmental improvements in industry and in helping consumers make informed purchasing decisions.

Abbotsford House

Abbotsford House is een vroeg-negentiende-eeuws landhuis, gelegen in Abbotsford, ruim drie kilometer ten westen van Melrose in de Schotse regio Scottish Borders. Abbotsford House was de residentie van de schrijver Walter Scott.

In 1812 kocht de schrijver en historicus Walter Scott de boerderij Cartley Hole aan de Tweed en hernoemde de plaats Abbotsford. In 1822 liet hij de boerderij slopen en bouwde Abbotsford House in Victoriaanse neogotische stijl, ook wel Scottish baronial genoemd. In 1823 installeerde hij gasverlichting in het huis.

Walter Scott overleed in 1832. Zijn nakomelingen bleven in het huis wonen. In 1855 werd door de inmiddels katholiek geworden familie een kapel toegevoegd aan het huis. In 2007 werd het huis aan de zorg van The Abbotsford Trust toevertrouwd.

De centrale as van het hoofdgebouw loopt zuidwest-noordoost. Het ingangsportaal, een kopie van het portaal van Linlithgow Palace, bevindt zich aan de zuidoostzijde en leidt naar de hal. Met de klok mee liggen om de hal heen de studeerkamer, de bibliotheek purple stainless steel water bottle, de salon en de wapenkamer. Deze laatste ruimte biedt toegang tot de eetkamer, die zich in de noordwestelijke hoek van het huis bevindt.

In de hal bevindt zich onder andere een compleet ridderharnas uit Augsberg daterend van rond 1580 en twee Franse kurassen van de Slag bij Waterloo tritan plastic water bottle. De muren zijn bekleed met eiken panelen afkomstig van de Auld Kirk of Dunfermline.

De studeerkamer heeft een privétrap naar de vertrekken erboven.

Het plafond van de bibliotheek is een kopie van het plafond van Rosslyn Chapel. De bibliotheek bevat meer dan negenduizend boeken, veelal zeldzaam, die Walter Scott in zijn leven had verzameld. The Abbotsford Library Research Trust, opgericht in 1996, beheert de boekencollectie en heeft als doelstelling deze beschikbaar te stellen aan wetenschappers. Boeken in de collectie zijn onder andere het vijftiende-eeuwse Legenda aurea van Osbern Bokenham en de in 1519 in Duitsland gepubliceerde ridderroman Teuerdank. In een vitrinekast liggen tal van historische voorwerpen, waaronder de beurs van Robert Roy MacGregor, een haarlok van Bonnie Prince Charlie en een kruis dat toebehoorde aan Mary, Queen of Scots.

De wanden van de salon zijn behangen met achttiende-eeuws Chinees behangpapier. Er staat onder andere een zilveren urn van Lord Byron.

De wapenkamer bevat een grote verzameling van zwaarden football design t shirts, ponjaarden en pistolen. In de verzameling bevindt zich het slagzwaard, de dirk, het pistool en de sporran van Robert Roy MacGregor en het pistool van Johan Graham van Claverhouse (Bonnie Dundee). In de collectie bevinden zich ook de vermoedelijke sleutels van Lochleven Castle, die na de ontsnapping van Mary, Queen of Scots uit het kasteel in het meer werden geworpen. In de eetkamer bevindt zich onder meer het zwaard van de markies van Montrose red lemon press.

De geest van Walter Scott zou nog rondwaren in de eetkamer, waar hij in 1832 overleed. Ook zou de geest van George Bullock in het landhuis rondwaren, die in 1818 overleed en de leiding had over de bouw van Abbotsford House.

Abbotsford House wordt sinds 2007 beheerd door The Abbotsford Trust.

Leslie Mahaffy

Leslie Erin Mahaffy (5 de julio de 1976 – 16 de junio de 1991) fue una estudiante adolescente, residente de Burlington, Ontario, Canadá, quien fue asesinada por Paul Bernardo y Karla Homolka.​ El secuestro de Mahaffy fue parte de una serie de desapariciones de chicas estudiantes de Ontario a principios de 1990, incluyendo a Kristen French white football uniforms, quien también fue una víctima de Bernardo y Homolka. Antes de asesinar a Mahaffy en 1991, y a French en 1992 best hydration pack running, la pareja había violado y asesinado a la hermana adolescente de Homolka, Tammy en 1990. Las desapariciones, arrestos y condenas recibieron una amplia cobertura en los medios de comunicación canadienses, convirtiéndose en uno de los crímenes más notorios de la historia canadiense.

Leslie Erin Mahaffy nació el 5 de julio de 1976, de Debbie Smith Mahaffy y Robert “Dan” Mahaff.​ Su hermano Ryan nació unos años después de ella. Su padre era un oceanógrafo de la Pesca federal Canadiense, y a veces tenía tareas fuera de la casa durante semanas. Su madre era profesora.​

A pesar de ser cercana a su familia, cuando cumplió catorce años, Mahaffy comenzó a rebelarse y huir de su casa. Sin embargo, siempre llamaba a su casa durante sus ausencias. Sus últimos días los pasó en casa de un amigo, fueron alrededor de 10 días que permaneció ahí. Luego decidió que era tiempo de volver a casa y debía hacerlo hasta las 11 de la noche. Cuando no fue al funeral de un amigo el día después de estar desaparecida del viernes, su madre empezó a preocuparse seriamente y contactó a la policía. Cuando Mahaffy no llamó a su casa para su propio cumpleaños la familia estaba segura que no podía llamarlos porque no podía.

Su madre Debbie, luego sería destacada en la lucha por mantener la orden del juez acerca de los juicios de los asesinos de Mahaffy, y las cintas de video que hicieron de sus propios crímenes fueron utilizadas contra ellos.

Los restos de Mahaffy están enterrados bajo una lápida de la familia en Burlington Memorial Gardens en Burlington, Canadá. Los restos de su tercer y última víctima, Kristen French, fueron arrojados en una calle lateral cerca de la tumba de Mahaffy.

En el momento de su secuestro y posterior asesinato a mediados de junio de 1991, pocas semanas antes de su decimoquinto cumpleaños, Leslie Mahaffy era una estudiante de grado 9 en M. M. Robinson High School en Burlington. Al igual que muchos adolescentes a su edad, ella llevaba aparato de dientes.

En la noche del 14 de junio de 1991, Mahaffy fue a una funeraria para asistir al velorio de su amigo Chris Evans, un chico que había fallecido en un accidente de auto a principios de esa semana.

Después del evento, un nutrido grupo de jóvenes se reunieron en el bosque para beber y consolarse unos a los otros. Mientras la noche terminaba, un amigo la acompañó a su casa poco antes de las 2:00 de la madrugada, donde se quedó con ella mientras descubrió que la puerta principal estaba cerrada con llave. Leslie no tenía sus llaves, pero le dijo a su amigo que la puerta trasera nunca permanecía con llave y que entraría por ahí, luego de eso su amigo se fue. Ya estando en la puerta trasera descubrió que ésta estaba cerrada con llave también. Se supo después que los padres de Leslie habían cambiado la cerradura de esta puerta hacía 2 semanas y no le habían dado a Leslie una copia de esta nueva llave. Un detalle que de haber sido provisto, podría haber significado salvar la vida de la joven.

Sola, Mahaffy caminó a un teléfono público en Macs Milk y llamó a la casa del mismo amigo en donde había permanecido los días anteriores. Ella le pidió poder pasar la noche ahí, pero debido a las altas hora de la noche su amigo le dijo que no ya que eso implicaría despertar a sus padres. A eso de las 2:30 de la madrugada, Mahaffy regresaría a casa pensando en despertar a su madre para poder entrar.

Su familia estaba preocupada cuando ella no estaba en su casa en la mañana del sábado 15 de junio. Cuando Mahaffy no se presentó en el día en el funeral de su amigo Chris Evans y los tres adolescentes muertos con él, su madre llamó a la policía. El 18 de junio, Debbie Mahaffy presentó la documentación oficial para tener a su hija como buscada y que sea arrestada como fugitiva.

Paul Bernardo finalmente admitió que él había estado en Keller Court, donde el hogar de Mahaffy estaba ubicado, para robar las placas de matrículas. Él vio a Leslie Mahaffy sola. Él dijo que ella le dijo que estaba intentando entrar a la casa y en tanto que él dijo que era un ladrón de casas y que robaría una cercana. Luego de un intercambio de palabras él le ofreció un cigarrillo, los cuales estaban en su auto. Ya en el auto ella se sentó en el asiento del copiloto con los pies afuera y al cabo de un rato, Bernardo cubrió su cabeza rápidamente con su sudadera, la obligó a entrar al vehículo, y la llevó a su casa de Port Dalhousie donde su esposa Karla Homolka dormía. La versión de Homolka de la historia es similar hydration belt for running, pero ella dice que una vez que él tuvo a Mahaffy en el auto para ir a buscar el cigarrillo, él sacó un cuchillo para que entrara. Ambos coinciden que Homolka no estaba presente durante el secuestro.

Después de 24 horas de violación y abuso por los asesinos, Mahaffy fue asesinada en la noche del sábado. De acuerdo a Homolka, Bernardo estranguló a Lesie Mahaffy con un cable eléctrico una segunda vez cuando el primer intento la dejó inconsciente durante unos minutos. Homolka, una técnica veterinaria, tenía acceso a fármacos sedantes que fueron utilizados para someter a Mahaffy runners water bottle carrier, la misma técnica que la pareja utilizó en la violación de la hermana de Homolka hacía seis meses; medicamentos utilizados para asesinar y violar a la chica de 15 años.

Bernardo dijo que estaba fuera de la habitación, preparando el auto para transportar a Mahaffy a una ubicación donde la liberarían, cuando Mahaffy fuertemente drogada murió. Él ha dicho que no estaba muerta hasta ese entonces, después de echar gasoil en el auto y tomarse una ducha, él trató de levantarla para llevarla. Él dijo que él y Homolka entraron en pánico, y que trató de darle a Mahaffy respiración artificial. Ambos asesinos dijeron que le dieron un osito de peluche para que lo sostuviera en los descansos entre las agresiones.

El domingo 16 de junio de 1991, era el Día del Padre. Bernardo y Homolka movieron el cadáver de Mahaffy desde la habitación en el piso de arriba hasta el sótano. Luego entretuvieron a la familia Homolka -sin la hermana de Homolka, Tammy, que había sido asesinada por ellos el 24 de diciembre de 1990- en la planta principal de la casa, con Homolka tratando de hacer un esfuerzo especial por evitar a su madre el ir a la planta baja. Cuando la familia se fue, Bernardo y Homolka utilizaron una sierra circular de su abuelo para descuartizar el cuerpo de Mahaffy, así sería lo suficientemente pequeño para levantarlo cuando se lo cubriera con cemento. Luego, en una confesión a su tía antes de revelar los detalles a la policía, Homolka dijo que Bernardo hizo esto mientras ella estaba trabajando el lunes. La versión de Bernardo afirma que ella no lo ayudó a enjuagar y embolsar las partes del cuerpo.

El cuerpo de Mahaffy fue encontrado desmembrado y envuelto en cemento el 29 de junio de 1991 en el Lago Gibson cerca de St. Catharines, Ontario. El bloque de cemento que contenía el torso pesaba más de 200 libras. Sus llaves y registros dentales confirmaron su identidad.

Los investigadores creyeron inmediatamente que había sido violada y torturada. Esto fue confirmado cuando las cintas de video fueron encontradas en el hogar de Bernardo y Homolka. Las cintas muestran que fue tomada como rehén durante unas 24 horas y fue violada y sodomizada repetidamente. Después de que la oferta final de Bernardo de un recurso de casación ante el Tribunal Supremo fue rechazada, las cintas de video fueron destruidas por el gobierno de Ontario.

Varios días después de la liberación de Homolka de la prisión en 2005, Bernardo fue entrevistado por la policía y su abogado, Tony Bryant. Bryant fue entrevistado posteriormente por los medios de comunicación, proporcionando los pensamientos de Bernardo acerca de la liberación.

De acuerdo a Bryant, Bernardo dijo que siempre intentó liberar a las víctimas que él y Homolka habían mantenido en cautiverio. Bernardo dijo que Homolka estaba preocupada por que la venda sobre los ojos de Leslie Mahaffy se había caído, y que ella sería capaz de identificarlos. Por otra parte, Bernardo dijo que el plan de Homolka era asesinar a Mahaffy inyectando una burbuja de aire en su torrente sanguíneo, lo que le causó finalmente una embolia.​

Shining Force III

Shining Force III (シャイニング・フォースⅢ シナリオ1 王都の巨神 Shining Force III Scenario 1: Outo no kyoshin?) è un videogioco di ruolo sviluppato da Camelot Software Planning e pubblicato nel 1997 da SEGA per Sega Saturn. Terzo capitolo della serie di videogiochi Shining, il titolo costituisce la prima parte di una trilogia distribuita esclusivamente in Giappone. I seguiti diretti di questo gioco sono Shining Force III Scenario 2: Nerawareta miko (シャイニング・フォースⅢ シナリオ2 狙われた神子?) e Shining Force III Scenario 3: Hyouheki no jashinguu (シャイニング・フォースⅢ シナリオ3 氷壁の邪神宮Questo stesso concept fu successivamente utilizzato in Suikoden III.

Valeri Popovitch

Valeri Aleksandrovich Popovitch (Russian: Валерий Александрович Попович, born 18 May 1970 in Gorky cheap metal water bottles, USSR, now Nizhny Novgorod, Russia) is a former Russian football striker with Finnish nationality. Popovitch is the all-time scoring leader of FC Haka. After his contract ended with HJK in 2010, he joined Ilves Tampere playing in Kakkonen, as a player-coach, signing a two-year contract. Currently he is a youth coach at FC Haka.

He has also capped several times for Soviet U-17 and U-19 National football teams. U-17 finished third in the 1986 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship, and U-19 won the UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship in 1988. Popovitch played in both tournaments fitness fanny pack.

Popovitch played for FC CSKA Moscow in Soviet First League and FC Spartak Moscow in the Soviet Top League.[citation needed]

Popovitch holds a legendary status in Finland and especially in Valkeakoski, where his regarded as one of the best players ever to play for FC Haka. FC Haka retired his number, 14.

Eku

L’eku était la rame utilisée par les pêcheurs à Okinawa pour la navigation, mais également en tant qu’arme. Les techniques martiales propres à l’utilisation de cette arme sont appelées eku-jutsu.

D’une longueur d’environ 1 cheap meat tenderizer,6 m glass lined water bottle, elle est composée d’un manche rond et d’une partie plate se terminant légèrement en pointe toothpaste dispenser philippines.

Elle est difficile à manipuler à cause de son déséquilibre, pourtant, les pêcheurs ont mis au point des kata d’une redoutable efficacité. On retrouve dans ces derniers des techniques comparables au (bâton) avec néanmoins de nombreux mouvements circulaires afin d’utiliser de manière optimale l’extrémité de la rame (un coup bien ajusté pouvait trancher une tête thermos bottles for coffee, on pouvait également se servir de la partie la plus large afin de projeter du sable ou des cailloux sur son adversaire) ainsi que des déplacements adaptés à l’environnement naval fréquenté par les pêcheurs.

Charaxes tiridates

Charaxes tiridates, the common blue charaxes, is a butterfly in the family Nymphalidae. It is found in Senegal, Guinea, Burkina Faso bottle belt, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon, Gabon, the Republic of the Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Central African Republic, Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Tanzania, Angola and Zambia. The habitat consists of lowland evergreen forests and dense savanna.

The larvae feed on Phialodiscus unijugatus, Hugonia platysepala, Hugonia castaneifolia, Bombax reflexum, Chaetacme aristata, Celtis africana, Celtis durandi, Grewia tricocarpa, Grewia mollis, Afzelia africana, Flacourtia indica, Indigofera macrophylla, Osyris lanceolata, Blighia unijugata, Grewia forbesi, Bombax buonopozense, Albizia, Berlinia, Lonchocarpus, Hibiscus (including Hibiscus calyphyllus), Trema, Cassia, Dalbergia, Macrolobium, Millettia and Pterocarpus species.

Male upperside forewings have a black ground colour glossed blue. There is a discal arc of five or so spots and a postdiscal sinous line of eight to ten spots. These spots are light blue and slightly metallic. The margin has pale amorphous lunules. The hindwing has two postdiscal rows of the light blue spots, the second close to the margin which has pale more lineate lunules. There are two short tails.

The female upperside has light brown basal areas, more extensive on the hindwing. There is a discal band of white marks just inside the much darker distal part of the forewing and two apical white spots. On the hindwing the dark area is narrow has seven or so light blue and slightly metallic spots with some white scales. There are pale marginal lunules and one long and one short tail.

The underside wings are variously light brown with black pattern lines and in the female only a white discal band.

A full description is given by Walter Rothschild and Karl Jordan thermos for water, 1900 Novitates Zoologicae Volume 7:287-524. page 354 for terms see Volume 5:545-601

Charaxes tiridates group reusable water bottle with filter.

The supposed clade members are:

For a full list see Eric Vingerhoedt, 2013.

Воронин, Пётр Николаевич

1913(1913)

Старово, Кашинский уезд, Тверская губерния, Российская империя

1995(1995)

Москва, Россия

 СССР

КГБ СССР

1940—1973

Великая Отечественная война

Пётр Николаевич Воронин (1913, село Старово—1995) — советский деятель госбезопасности, генерал-лейтенант, начальник войск правительственной связи КГБ СССР при Совете Министров СССР

Родился в 1913 году best hydration pack for running women. С 1940 года на службе в органах госбезопасности, был инженером, старшим инженером 2-го Спецотдела НКВД СССР. С 1941 года начальник отделения Отдела Правительственной связи НКВД СССР.

С 1942 года заместитель начальника Отдела Правительственной связи НКВД СССР, с 1946 года — МВД СССР, с 1949 года — МГБ СССР. С 1949 года назначен начальником Отдела Правительственной связи МГБ СССР, с 1953 года Отдела «С» МВД СССР, с 1954 года Отдела «С» КГБ при Совете Министров СССР.

С 1959 года начальник Войск Правительственной связи КГБ при Совете Министров СССР. С 1969 года начальник Управления Правительственной связи и Войск Правительственной связи КГБ при Совете Министров СССР

С 1973 года на пенсии. Умер в 1995 году в Москве.

Ведомственные знаки отличия:

Machynlleth

Machynlleth (pronounced [maˈχənɬɛθ] ( listen)), sometimes referred to colloquially as Mach, is a market town and community in Powys, Wales and within the historic boundaries of Montgomeryshire (Welsh: Sir Drefaldwyn). It is in the Dyfi Valley at the intersection of the A487 and the A489 roads. At the 2001 Census it had a population of 2,147, rising to 2,235 in 2011.

Machynlleth was the seat of Owain Glyndŵr’s Welsh Parliament in 1404, and as such claims to be the “ancient capital of Wales”. However, it has never held any official recognition as a capital. It applied for city status in 2000 and 2002, but was unsuccessful. It is twinned with Belleville, Michigan.

Machynlleth hosted the National Eisteddfod in 1937 and 1981.

There is a long history of human activity in the Machynlleth area. In the late-1990s, radiocarbon dating showed that copper mining was taking place in the Early Bronze Age (c. 2,750 years ago), within a mile of the town centre.

There are legends of a once fertile plain, the Cantre’r Gwaelod, now lost beneath the waves of Cardigan Bay.

The Romans settled in the area; they built a small Roman fort at Pennal (Cefn Caer) four miles west of Machynlleth, and are reputed to have had two look-out posts above the town at Bryn-y-gog and Wylfa. One of the earliest written references to Machynlleth is the Royal charter granted in 1291 by Edward I to Owen de la Pole, Lord of Powys. This gave him the right to hold “a market at Machynlleth every Wednesday for ever and two fairs every year”. The Wednesday market is still a busy and popular day in Machynlleth 700 years later.

The Royal House, which stands on the corner of the Garsiwn, is another of the mediaeval houses that can still be seen today. According to local tradition, Dafydd Gam, a Welsh ally of the English kings, was imprisoned here from 1404 to 1412 for attempting to assassinate Owain Glyndŵr. After his release by Glyndŵr, ransomed Gam fought alongside Henry V at the Battle of Agincourt and is named amongst the dead in Shakespeare’s Henry V. The name Royal House undoubtedly refers to the tradition that Charles I stayed at the house in 1643.

The weekly market and biannual fair thrived, and in 1613 drew complaints from other towns whose trading in cloth was being severely affected. A document dated 1632[citation needed] shows that animals for sale came from all over Merionethshire, Montgomeryshire, Cardiganshire, Carmarthenshire and Denbighshire, and prospective buyers came from Flintshire, Radnorshire, Brecknockshire, Herefordshire and Shropshire, in addition to the above.

The Dyfi Bridge was first mentioned in 1533, by Geoffrey Hughes, “Citizen and Merchant taylour of London” who left £6 13/4 “towards making of a bridge at the toune of Mathanlleth”. By 1601 “Dyfi bridge in the Hundred of Mochunleth” was reported to be insufficient, and the current one was built in 1805 for £250. Fenton describes it in 1809 as “A noble erection of five large arches. The piers are narrow and over each cut-water is a pilaster, a common feature of the 18th century”.[this quote needs a citation]

Rowland Pugh was the Lord of Meirionedd, and lived at Mathafarn about two miles east of Machynlleth. Pugh supported the Royalist side in the English Civil War. On 2 November 1644, Sir Thomas Myddleton of Chirk Castle was marching on Machynlleth with a force of the Parliamentarian army, when he was ambushed by a force organised by Pugh. In retaliation for the attack, Myddleton burned down Mathafarn on 29 November 1644, along with a number of houses in Machynlleth.

The disappearance of April Jones in October 2012 received a large amount of coverage in the UK media.

Mary Cornelia, the daughter of local landowner Sir John Edwards married Viscount Seaham, the second son of the third Marquess of Londonderry, in 1846 and they set up home in Plas Machynlleth. He became Earl Vane on the death of his father and the fifth Marquess on the death of his half-brother.

To celebrate the 21st birthday of their eldest son, Viscount Castlereagh, the townspeople subscribed to the erection (at the town’s main road intersection) of the clock tower, which has become widely known as the symbol of Machynlleth. The tower, which stands on the site of the old town hall, is the first thing many visitors will notice. The foundation stone was laid on 15 July 1874 amid great festivities.

Another son, Lord Herbert Vane-Tempest, was the last member of the family to live at the Plas and was killed in the Abermule train collision on the Cambrian Railways, of which he was a director.

The house was given to the townspeople in December 1948 under the stewardship of the then Machynlleth Urban District Council. Various local government re-organisations saw it pass first to Montgomeryshire District Council, who in 1995 converted it into the Celtica Visitor Centre. Celtica interpreted the history and culture of the Celts with a walk-through audio-visual exhibition housed in a purpose-built addition to the house metal water bottle safety. The £3 million attraction was part-funded by European Union. The centre had a high-profile in the Welsh media, with opera singer Bryn Terfel officially opening the attraction in October 1995. Powys Council took over Celtica and the house when it was formed as a unitary authority in 1997 best thermos. The centre was successful in attracting tourist, school groups and conferences for a number of years, however initial visitor number predictions proved to be too ambitious and Powys Council were unwilling to prolong its subsidy and with little scope for alternative investment Celtica closed in March 2006, and the house stood empty while Powys Council sought to relinquish responsibility for it in line with their policy of selling many of their publicly owned buildings.

At this point, Machynlleth Town Council, realising that the town was in danger of losing the Plas house and grounds, which they saw as belonging to the community in the spirit of the 1948 bequest, began discussions with Powys Council with a view to the Town Council taking ownership of the Plas.[citation needed] On 1 April 2008, in a move thought to be unprecedented for a community council of its size, Machynlleth Town Council took ownership of the Plas and its parkland and facilities. It has reopened the restaurant by leasing it to a local licensee and the 1st and 2nd floors of the main building are rented out as office space. Medium-sized meeting rooms and conference space are also offered for hire.

From 1859 to 1948 the town was served by the narrow gauge Corris Railway, which brought slate from the quarries around Corris and Aberllefenni for onward despatch to the markets. The railway’s Machynlleth station building, built in 1905, can still be seen alongside the road approaching the town from the north.

Machynlleth main-line station was built by the Newtown and Machynlleth Railway, and continues to provide a link to Aberystwyth and the Cambrian coast to the west and Newtown and Shrewsbury to the east. Currently services are run by Arriva Trains Wales.

Machynlleth is home to the signalling centre that controls the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) on the Cambrian Line. The system went into full operational use in March 2011.

Machynlleth retains its strong Welsh character with Welsh spoken alongside English. The 2011 Census indicated that 67% of the population have some knowledge of Welsh with 39% able to read, write and speak the language.

Machynlleth has a special role in Welsh history because of its connection with Owain Glyndŵr, a Prince of Wales who rebelled against the English during the reign of King Henry IV. Owain was crowned Prince of Wales in 1404 near the Parliament House, which is one of three mediaeval houses in town, in the presence of leaders from Scotland, France and Spain, and he held his own Parliament in the town. He held his last parliament in the nearby village of Pennal, by the Church of St Peter ad Vincula. It is thought that after the rebellion floundered, Owain went into hiding in the area around Machynlleth.

Tourism is the primary employment sector with a wide range of activity based attractions (for example several mountain biking trails) as well as the visitor centre at the Centre for Alternative Technology. Agriculture continues to play a significant part in the make-up of the town and surrounding area water bottle companies. Another important local industry and employer is the renewable energy sector. Driven by the Centre for Alternative Technology (a research centre dedicated to the development of sustainable technologies), the area also hosts a wind farm at Cemmaes. The area now has a rapidly expanding renewable energy industry with several small to medium-sized companies now operating in or around the town.

The town has a large market on Wednesdays which includes traditional Welsh together with Spanish and French food stalls.

The town has hosted the Machynlleth Comedy Festival annually since May 2010, featuring comedians such as Jon Richardson, Pappy’s, Josie Long, Stewart Lee and Richard Herring. The festival dominates the town for a weekend, with events running over three days in nine venues.

Machynlleth lies on Glyndŵr’s Way and the Dyfi Valley Way, two long-distance footpaths.

Machynlleth is the home of the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), Wales. It originated in 1986 as Y Tabernacl, a centre of performing arts in an old chapel, a private initiative by former journalist Andrew Lambert. In 1994 this was expanded with a new complex of art galleries, a recording studio and a language laboratory. Lambert had previously tried to convert the town’s old railway station into a hotel and museum, employing international architect Richard Rogers.

MoMA Wales hosts the annual Machynlleth Festival, as well as its own annual open exhibition of art.

Machynlleth is the home of Ecodyfi, a locally controlled organisation that was set up to foster and support a greener community and economy in the Dyfi Valley.

Machynlleth is represented by Machynlleth Town Football Club (founded in 1885) in the Spar Mid-Wales district league and the reserves are in the Cambrian Tyres Division 2 Amateur football league.

Karl Waldmann (Politiker)

Karl Wilhelm Waldmann (* 20. Juni 1889 in Tiefenbach; † 7. November 1969 in Stuttgart) war ein deutscher Politiker der NSDAP. Er war von 1932 bis 1933 Mitglied des württembergischen Landtags, 1933 Landtagspräsident und 1942 bis 1945 amtierender Leiter des württembergischen Finanzministeriums während der NS-Zeit.

Karl Wilhelm Waldmann stammte aus einer evangelischen Bauernfamilie. Seine Eltern Georg Friedrich Waldmann und Eva Maria geborene Kochendörfer betrieben Landwirtschaft in Tiefenbach bei Crailsheim. Karl Waldmann heiratete am 29. Mai 1917 Else Greiner. Das Paar hatte einen Sohn. Im Jahre 1935 trat Waldmann aus der evangelischen Kirche aus.

Karl Waldmann besuchte nach der Volksschule in Tiefenbach ab 1898 die Realschule in Crailsheim und erlangte dort 1904 die mittlere Reife. Im August 1904 trat er in die dortige Stadtverwaltung ein. Später wechselte er in die Verwaltung nach Ebersbach und bestand 1911 die Dienstprüfung für den gehoben mittleren Verwaltungsdienst. Im württembergischen Staatsdienst kam er in den Oberämtern Herrenberg, Gmünd, Waldsee, Ravensburg und Urach zum Einsatz. Während des Ersten Weltkriegs wurde er nicht zum Militärdienst herangezogen. Im Kriegsjahr 1917 erfolgte seine Ernennung zum Inspektor. Von 1919 bis 1921 arbeitete er bei der Landesgetreidestelle und wurde 1921 zum Oberinspektor befördert. Von 1921 bis 1933 war Waldmann im Landesgewerbeamt tätig.

Waldmann ließ sich bereits in seinen frühen Erwachsenenjahren durch entsprechende Lektüre und Kontakte antisemitisch beeinflussen. Im Jahre 1919 trat er für kurze Zeit der DDP bei, die er rasch wieder verließ, da er dort seinen Antisemitismus nicht zur Geltung bringen konnte. Waldmann wurde schon im Oktober 1925 Mitglied der NSDAP, obwohl er sich als Nichtkriegsteilnehmer nach eigenem Bekunden lange Zeit scheute, diesen Schritt zu wagen.

Nach Tätigkeiten als Schriftführer in der Gauleitung und als Gaugeschäftsleiter im Gau Württemberg-Hohenzollern trat er im Januar 1928 zunächst wieder aus der NSDAP aus und fast genau drei Jahre später erneut in die Partei ein. Im Laufe des Jahres 1931 wurde Waldmann kurzzeitig Leiter der NS-Beamtenschaft im Gau Württemberg-Hohenzollern. Bei den württembergischen Landtagswahlen am 24. April 1932 und am 5. März 1933 (eigentlich die Wahl zum 8 aluminum water bottles. Reichstag) erreichte er jeweils ein Mandat für die NSDAP und wurde 1933 als Nachfolger von Jonathan Schmid Landtagspräsident. Der letzte württembergische Landtag trat jedoch nur einmal, am 8. Juni 1933, zusammen. Dabei wurde bei Stimmenthaltung der SPD ein Ermächtigungsgesetz für Württemberg verabschiedet, womit die NS-Diktatur auch in Württemberg formal legitimiert war meat tenderizer jellyfish.

Bereits am 30. März 1933 erfolgte Waldmanns Ernennung zum ehrenamtlichen Beirat des württembergischen Staatsministeriums, am 12. Mai 1933 zum Staatsrat und am 13. Juli 1933 zum Staatssekretär. In diesen Positionen war er persönlicher Referent des Reichsstatthalters Wilhelm Murr. Damit war Waldmann einer der einflussreichsten Politiker in Württemberg während der NS-Zeit. Zu einigen seiner Themenfelder gehörte zum Beispiel die Förderung des Bauerntums und der Ausbau des Neckars als Wasserstraße meat tenderizer pineapple, später auch die demonstrative Unterdrückung der Kirchen. In seiner Schlüsselposition im württembergischen Staatsministerium musste Waldmann genaue Kenntnis haben über die vom Regime geplanten und begangenen Verbrechen.

Karl Waldmann gehörte zu jenem Typus von Nationalsozialisten, die weniger durch Fanatismus als durch sachliche Arbeit und ruhiges, besonnenes Erscheinen auffielen. Waldmann machte damit den Nationalsozialismus insbesondere im württembergischen Berufsbeamtentum salonfähig. Im November 1936 trat er in die SA ein und war seit Mai 1937 SA-Standartenführer und seit Januar 1942 SA-Oberführer. Von 1939 bis 1940 war er Leiter der Wirtschaftsabteilung beim Chef der Zivilverwaltung der 7. Armee. Sodann war er von Juni 1940 bis April 1941 Kriegsverwaltungschef im nordwestfranzösischen Militärbezirk der Wehrmacht. Im April 1941 kehrte Waldmann in seine alte Position beim Stuttgarter Reichsstatthalter Murr zurück.

Vom 17. Februar 1942 bis zum Mai 1945 leitete Waldmann als Nachfolger von Alfred Dehlinger das württembergische Finanzministerium. Da einer Weisung gemäß neue Länderminister nicht mehr ernannt werden sollten, führte Waldmann das Ministerium offiziell unter seinem alten Titel als Staatssekretär. Im April 1945 verhinderte Waldmann mit Innenminister Jonathan Schmid und Oberbürgermeister Karl Strölin die vollständige Ausführung des sogenannten Nerobefehls in Stuttgart, wonach kurz vor der Einnahme der Stadt durch die Alliierten die Zerstörung der Brücken, der Wasserversorgung und der Elektrizitätswerke hätte erfolgen sollen. Die Sprengung der Stuttgarter Neckarbrücken durch die sich zurückziehenden deutschen Truppen konnte jedoch nicht abgewendet werden.

Mit dem Zusammenbruch des nationalsozialistischen Deutschen Reiches im Mai 1945 ging Waldmanns Laufbahn als Beamter zu Ende, welche 14 Jahre im Königreich Württemberg, 15 Jahre im Volksstaat Württemberg und 12 Jahre als aktiver Nationalsozialist umfasste. Nach seiner Verhaftung durch die Streitkräfte der Vereinigten Staaten in Schwäbisch Gmünd am 22. Juni 1945 wurde Waldmann von August 1945 bis Dezember 1947 in Ludwigsburg interniert. Aus gesundheitlichen Gründen aus der Internierungshaft entlassen, gelang ihm im Entnazifizierungsverfahren eine geschickte Verharmlosung seiner Rolle während der Zeit des Nationalsozialismus. Die Spruchkammer entschied am 4. September 1948, Waldmann als „Minderbelasteten“ einzustufen, obwohl Personen seiner Kategorie gewöhnlich als „Hauptschuldige“ anzusehen waren. Das Urteil war verbunden mit einem halben Jahr Haft auf Bewährung und der Auflage, die Verfahrenskosten zu tragen. In der Berufung vor der Zentralspruchkammer Nord-Württemberg wurde Waldmann am 10. Oktober 1949 schließlich nur noch als „Mitläufer“ eingestuft. Sogar die Verfahrenskosten wurden Waldmann am 20. Oktober 1950 vom Innenministerium des Landes Württemberg-Baden erlassen water in bpa free bottles. Während der Jahre 1948 bis 1950 war Waldmann Angestellter beim Richard Boorberg Verlag, ehe er am 31. Januar 1950 in Rente ging.