Drayton is a residential area of the city of Portsmouth in the English county of Hampshire. Together with Farlington it makes up one of the administrative districts of the city waterproof handbags.
Unlike the majority of the city of Portsmouth, Drayton lies on the mainland rather than Portsea Island top bpa free water bottles. The small village of Drayton is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 along with its neighbour Cosham but did not become incorporated into Portsmouth until 1920, when more land was needed for the rapidly growing city. Very quickly, the fields surrounding the village were built on, joining Drayton, Cosham and Farlington into one continuous development.
The Church of the Resurrection is situated in Drayton and is part of the parish of Farlington. The foundation stone was laid on 22 April 1930, by Lady Heath Harrison, in the presence of the Bishop of Portsmouth.
Three schools are located within Drayton being Court Lane Infant / Junior School, Solent Junior School and Springfield School. Solent Infant School is however based in the adjoining area of Farlington.
Station Road, Drayton (there is another Station Road in Copnor ward) once served the now-demolished Farlington Racecourse station which closed in 1938. The intended station for Station Road, Copnor was never built running waist band, so Portsmouth has two Station Roads without stations.